The importance of the Quran
The Quran is the book of guidance for a Muslim's life. The Book of Allah is unlike any other; it is the timeless Speech of Allah, and not a created thing. It is the study guide for life, death, and what follows. Therefore, it deserves careful study and reflection. Our school is committed to providing appropriate, authentic rich Quran resources in order to offer the highest level of Quranic knowledge to all students.
Aims & Objectives:
- Develop a great respect and love for the Quran;
- Enable students to become independent readers of the Quran;
- Gaining confidence and enjoyment from learning the Quran;
- Focus on reading, writing and memorising
- Apply Tajweed rules to guard and preserve the Quran from distortion.
- Use modern learning methods such as iPads and Quran Apps.
Assessing, monitoring and recording students’ progress in Qur'an is carried out regularly on a lesson by lesson basis, based on the lesson objectives and outcomes in the Qur'an scheme of work. These are conducted informally by the class teacher and are used to inform future planning.