Our nursery is designed to suit the needs of young children;
- With play areas using natural light
- A variety of age appropriate toys
- Secure access system and CCTV
- Benefits of an outdoor space offering age appropriate equipment.
- Outdoor stimulating features, sensory play areas, water features, sandpits, mud kitchen, and playhouses.
We combine caring with education by following the appropriate curriculum.We believe that learning should be stimulating for young children, so play times are educational as well as fun.We are continuously developing new and exciting ways of encouraging child development in a safe and stimulating environment.
A range of play equipment is available to help children develop an array of skills, and great care is taken to choose materials that will create an inspiring sensory experience. As well as toys, we use;
- Real life props, such as brushes and gardening tools
- Small-world toys to help build a child's imagination and language skills
- Construction play such as building blocks, to help children develop fine motor skills, spatial awareness and problem solving
- Physical play equipment such as tricycles and climbing frames to encourage physical activity
- Creative play to build a child’s imagination, creativity and co-ordination
- Supporting social interaction, including role play, den making, and small group activities
A friendly atmosphere is created within our nursery environment, based on warm and caring relationships between our nursery staff and the children in their care. Children are encouraged to communicate, and their attempts at conversation are valued to ensure they receive an affirming experience, encouraging development, confidence and security. Our nursery staff all act as role models within the setting, and recognise that children lead by example and are constantly learning through observation. Common courtesy, mutual respect and patience are demonstrated at all times throughout our settings.
Your child is allocated a 'Key Person' within their room, who is responsible for your child's well being, ensuring your child feels individual, secure and cherished while they are away from home. Your child’s Key Person will liaise with you at the end of each day, keeping you informed of your child’s experiences at nursery and ensuring you don’t have to miss out on any aspect of your child's day.
Nursery staff carry out regular observations of every child in our care, ensuring your child’s learning and development incorporates their interests and needs. All of your child's experiences at nursery are recorded in their unique Learning Journal, enabling you to look over your child’s time at nursery for years to come.